|: 6 Months+ - intention is for much longer period|
Our Engineers are the heart of bank. We solve some of the hardest problems. Constantly experimenting and improving. You will be working within our platform squad which is responsible for the availability of the securities trading platform for bank customers. We have our own Mobile Trading app and we are in the transition from a monolithic application towards a micro-service landscape. The department is working in a DevOps manner, where Scrum/Agile method and continuous delivery practices are very important. As an Ops Engineer, you’ll be responsible for (performance) testing, deployments and incident solving. We release every sprint (2 weeks), but perhaps you can help us automate the pipeline to deploy even more often?
Stack and tooling
Currently, we use Nolio as a deployment tool. We are looking into Ansible and Docker as an alternative. We actively use the ELK-stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) for monitoring as well custom-made Python/Bash scripts. Application stack is Pivotal Tomcat for traditional web-apps and Spring Boot for our micro-services.
What will you be doing?
- Make sure that the application is always available, and by always, we mean 24x7.
- Deploy changes/releases and produce the deliverables/evidence required by several related processes (e.g. Risk, Change Control Board, yes!)
- Automate deployments as part of the continuous delivery.
- Test the performance of web-applications and apply tuning.
- Define dependencies with other teams and translate these to user stories.
- Make sure the requirements are that easy the Product Owner understands them.
- Support risk procedures and processes, because we’re a bank.
- Configure and maintain application and chain monitoring (with ELK-stack).
- Define and/or support chain, acceptance, performance, scalability and resilience testing.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- You have at least three years of experience in Tomcat, Linux (preferably RHEL 6/7), Oracle and Python/Bash scripting.
- You know CD Tooling, like Nolio, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Java (to troubleshoot stack-traces)
- Stress-resistant with strong analytical skills Experience in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps team.
- Proficient in English and/or Dutch.